Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mumbai January 5

The last leg of my India trip was Mumbai. My overnight bus from Hyderabad arrived only at 2:30 pm, hours late. As a result I had to restrict the plans I had for the day to a visit to the ITREB Centre, which I reached only around 4:00 pm. I had come to the Ismaili Tariqa and Religious Education Board Centre, the administrative office for the educational programs in India of the Nizari Ismaili community, the followers of the Aga Khan, to say hello to the people there, as I have done on a number of previous occasions. A number of the participants in a three-week program at the Henry Martyn Institute continue to work there. At the Centre I spent my time writing two recommendation letters for students who had been participants in the 2005 program at the Henry Martyn Institute; over the years I have written a number of recommendation letters for them.

The 2005 students who are still working at the Mumbai ITREB Centre

That evening I went to a restaurant for dinner with one of those students, Khairunnissa and her husband Rahim. Then at 10:00 I headed to the airport for my early morning flight back to Germany. There were delays in getting all of the passengers checked in and through security, so the flight left late.

No comments: