Saturday, July 14, 2012

Prague June 30

My two months in Bamberg came to an end on Friday June 29. I traveled from Bamberg via a train to Nürnberg and then a convenient direct bus to Prague, arriving in the evening after four and half hours of travel time. I had passed through Prague for a couple of hours on my way to Bamberg in May and I wanted to take the opportunity to spend some more time there on my way to Jerusalem. Flights from Prague to Ben Gurion Airport were also significantly cheaper than from elsewhere.

I spent the next day Saturday June 30 sightseeing in Prague. I walked around and ended up at the royal castle. I took the full tour, seeing everything there was to see, including the windows of the infamous Defenstration of Prague that triggered the start of the Thirty-Years War in 1618.


The Defenestration of Prague windows

I then walked around some more and went to the Naprstek Anthropology Museum of Asian, African and American Cultures. My fancy was especially taken by a brief video display of Korean breakdancers accompanied by zither (gayageum) players. Over the following days I spent a lot of time watching related videos on YouTube.

I then got a 90-minute subway ticket and rode some of the subway lines until it was time to go to the airport for my flight to Ben Gurion Airport that left at 10:20 pm. The flight arrived at 3:00 am and so I hung out at the airport terminal for a few hours before taking a sherut van to Jerusalem.

No comments: