Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chennai December 31

The two drivers of the bus kept going all night. I was able to sleep a good deal. We stopped for breakfast at Viluppuram, where we could see evidence of the typhoon that had hit the area the previous day; areas farther south were not affected.

We arrived back in Chennai at 1:30. I stayed with the family as they prepared an elaborate final meal of the year. I helped out with the preparations and learned how to shred a coconut.


The final meal of the year being served

After the meal I said my goodbyes to the family at the end of the highly enjoyable trip. The trip was in all respects a great experience. Things I need to do have been piling up back in Jordan, and as far as work goes, I should have returned as soon as my project in Visakhapatnam was over. But the trip with the family sounded like too unique an opportunity to decline, and such proved to be the case.

I left  at 5:45 and checked into my hotel. That evening I walked around, but soon went to sleep at 9:30, not caring about the New Year.

On the morning of Sunday January 1, I took a flight to Hyderabad.

No comments: